“This Chicken and Cheese Filling is a versatile filling for bread, puff pastry, phyllo cups and more.”
- 1 cup finely chopped, cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 cups spinach, steamed (or 1/2 package frozen)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red peppers
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Stir together chicken, cheese, spinach, red pepper, parmesan, onion and 1/8 teaspoon salt in large mixing bowl.
- Use crescent roll dough. Roll our dough into a large rectangle and seal perforations. Spread filling on dough starting 1 inch from bottom edge. Roll bottom edge up over filling and continue rolling up rectangle. Pinch edges. Cut into slices. Bake on greased cookie sheet 9-12 minutes.
- Use phyllo dough or puff pastry. Layer several layers of dough into rectangle. Prepare as above and bake.
- Make Phyllo Cups, fill and reheat.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups filling
Leave a Reply