“Mini phyllo cups can be made ahead, frozen and filled with almost any savoury or sweet filling for a great appetizer.”
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- Butter, melted or Pam
- sugar if making dessert cups
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease 24 mini muffin tins.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap then damp towel.
- Brush sheet lightly with butter (or spray with Pam). If you are making cups for dessert sprinkle a little sugar on the sheet.
- Top with second sheet; brush with butter (sugar) and then a third sheet. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips and crosswise into 6 strips to make 24 squares.
- Press each square into prepared cup. Bake for about 5 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack.
These cups can be filled with almost anything. Try sliced roast beef & havarti, reheat to melt cheese a bit. Fill with Chicken-Cheese Filling and reheat. Caramelized onions, mushrooms with a bit of parmesan cheese also make a great filling.
For a sweeter version fill with Strawberries and Cream Cheese.
Yield: 24 mini cups for every 3 sheets of phyllo