“This is a great fall recipe, nicely spiced, very heavy and moist. It tastes great on it’s own but even better with vanilla nutmeg sauce. The cake batter can also be made into Apple Muffins, just cut down on the baking time. ”
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease bundt or tube pan.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil, set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add apples to flour mixture.
- Fold in liquid ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Cool 15 minutes then remove from pan.
Yield: 16-20 slices
Leave a Reply