“A salty-tangy salad that looks colourful made with tri-colour pasta .”
- 3-4 cups tri-color fusilli
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini (green or yellow) chopped
- 1/3 red onion chopped or sliced into 1 inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 30-40 pitted kalamata olives chopped in half
- 1/4 cup salami (thin slices chopped into 1 inch strips is best)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes (red or yellow) sliced in half
- dressing ratio:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Chop vegetables, set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain and cool.
- Add all vegetables except tomatoes. Add cheese, toss with enough dressing to moisten well.
- Refrigerate. Add tomatoes seasoned with salt & pepper just before serving.
Marinade de-boned butterflied chicken breast in same dressing, grill and serve with pasta salad and another vegetable like carrots and parsnips in the winter or green beans and sliced tomatoes in the summer.
Keeps well in the fridge for a day or two.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Leave a Reply