“Barbequed asparagus has a more intense flavour which combines well with the saltiness of the prosciutto.”
- 12 asparagus spears
- 6 slices prosciutto or ham with prosciutto
- 2 slices provolone if desired
- olive oil
- Clean asparagus, break off bottom end so only tender spear is left.
- If using provolone, slice each piece into thirds, slice each third in half so you have strips about 1/4 inch wide.
- Wrap two spears of asparagus and 2 strips of cheese if using with prosciutto.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Place on tinfoil on grill and BBQ until asparagus is tender crisp or about 5 minutes. If you are not using cheese you can place asparagus directly on the grill.
Yield: 6 servings
Leave a Reply