“Boiling the garlic makes for a rich flavoured sauce yet not too garlicky.”
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Boil garlic cloves for 20 to 30 min, or roast in oven.
- Squeeze pulp into food processor, puree.
- Combine stock and wine, add to meat drippings scraping up brown bits (use a bit of beef stock if you are BBQing your steak).
- Cook 3-5 min. until sauce is reduced by 1/3. Add garlic puree and boil for 1 min.
- Strain into saucepan, pressing garlic through sieve. Add butter to sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Good with Rosemary Marinade for Filet Mignon.
Yield: enough for 4 steaks
Leave a Reply