“An elegant chicken dish yet easy enough for every day.”
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons each butter and olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chicken stock (or 1/2 white wine, 1/2 stock)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- Pound chicken slightly so thickness is more even throughout.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the flour and half of the salt & pepper; lightly dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- In large pan, heat half of the butter and oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add 1/4 cup of stock to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken to warming tray. Reserve juices.
- Add remaining butter and oil, add mushrooms, thyme and nutmeg. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour, cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add remaining stock and reserved chicken juices; bring to boil, stirring to scrape up brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- At last minute, stir in goat cheese broken into pieces until just melted.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Works well with pork loin medallions as well.
Yield: serves 6
Leave a Reply