“This is an everyday version of a family favourite. I also make a richer version, complete with cream sauce when we are entertaining. ”
- 4 – 6 cups spinach, washed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 single boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- In large saucepan, cook spinach until just wilted, drain well and cool.
- Combine spinach and cheese in a bowl, mix well.
- Cut pocket in side of chicken, fill with spinach mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in pan, add chicken and cook until browned. Add chicken stock and wine. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add rice and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and serve.
Chicken can be stuffed ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until ready to brown.
Yield: 4 servings
Leave a Reply