“Make this more or less garlicky to your taste.”
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 anchovies, rinsed and mashed or equivalent in paste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, gently boiled for 1 – 2 minutes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- bacon, fried crispy and broken into pieces
- Bring small pot water to boil. Add eggs and boil 1 to 2 minutes. This reduces the risk of salmonella from using raw eggs. Remove and set aside.
- In food processor, mash garlic and salt.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and anchovies. Blend until well combined.
- Add olive oil slowly and blend.
- Add eggs (some of white will stick to the shell, that’s fine). Blend again.
- Refrigerate until using.
- Serve mixed over romaine lettuce, toss with parmesan, croutons and bacon pieces.
I have kept leftover dressing for a day in the refrigerator but because of the egg, I would not keep it much longer than that.
Pre-cooked bacon kept in the freezer works very well as a quick add to salads. Just heat until crispy in the microwave, cool and break into pieces.
Yield: enough for 2 large salads.
Leave a Reply