“This is a great appetizer for a wine and cheese get together. ”
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 green apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- small round of Brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray or lightly grease baking sheet.
- Toast French baguette slices on baking sheet in oven until golden.
- Melt butter, add pecans and brown sugar and stir together.
- Remove top and bottom rind from Brie, and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Slice green apples into thin slices, cut in half.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of brie, a slice of apple and a half teaspoon butter-pecan mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake until cheese just melts. Do not burn.
ALTERNATIVE SERVING SUGGESTION
We’ve turned this recipe into one of our favourite lunch dishes. Prepare as above except instead of using french bread, use oatmeal bagels, sliced in half and toasted. Place two full slices of apple on each bagel half. It’s almost like eating apple crisp for lunch!
Yield: 10-12 servings