With summer comes an abundance of swiss chard and kale in the garden. While we often eat our greens stir fried with garlic, I also love this recipe as a great way to eat the greens raw. Use younger greens for a more tender taste, although they do not have to be baby sized.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped fresh oregano, basil and parsley
- salt & pepper to tase
- 6-8 small kale leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4-6 swiss chard, torn into bite-sized pieces (stems removed)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Mix all dressing ingredients and let stand for at least 2 hours.
- Combine kale and swiss chard leaves with feta. Toss with salad dressing. Add raisins and walnuts, toss and serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings.