“Looking for something different to do with the plethora of zucchini from your garden? Try this raw zucchini salad. Make this salad ahead and let marinade in fridge for a couple of hours so tastes combine and zucchini softens.”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- one yellow, one green zucchini
- few slices red onion
- 4 tablespoons basil and parsley, chopped
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise the slice into thin half moon slices, cut on an angle
- Chop basil and parsley
- Slice onion thinly (I used about 10 thin slices of 1/2 small red onion)
- Mix zucchini, herbs, and onion in bowl.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper. Pour over zucchini.
- Add feta cheese and mix.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
Yield: 4-6 servings