“Moist and spiced zucchini muffins or zucchini loaves are a great way to use those oversided and extra zucchini from the garden.”
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (see note)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease or line muffin tins or 2 loaf pans.
- Mix topping ingredients until crumbly and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together in large bowl eggs and sugar. Add oil, milk and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Add to flour mix and stir until just combined.
- Divide better among muffin cups. Top with crumble topping before baking.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool for 2 or 3 minutes and remove to rack to cool fully.
I usually make 12 muffins without nuts and one loaf with nuts. Mix all ingredients except nuts. Fill muffin tins. Add ONE HALF of nuts to remaining batter and fill loaf pan. Top both with crumble topping. Loaf takes about 1 hour to bake.
Zucchini loaf freezes very well. Cover in seran after it has fully cooled then place in large plastic bag. Remove from bag and remove seran to thaw so topping does not get overly soggy.
Yield: 24 large muffins or 12 muffins and one loaf or 2 loaves
Leave a Reply