“These have a real buttery almost cake like flavour. At Christmas time I replace the raisins with craisins or chopped cranberries mixed in a bit of sugar for a more festive look.”
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins or craisins
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375F. Use ungreased cookie sheet.
- Mix flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add milk and egg, beat until combined.
- Add in flour mixture, mix until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop a walnut sized ball onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
Use craisins or chopped cranberries mixed with a little sugar for a Christmas treat.
Yield: 30 cookies