“Healthy granola bars make a great school lunch or after school snack. I use a low sugar granola cereal as the base then add a bit of oats ”
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups granola cereal with dried fruit
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- Combine brown sugar and honey.
- Heat in microwave until boiling.
- Remove and add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add granola/oats.
- Press into shallow baking pan and cool.
Note: Cereal should have ingredients like oats, raisins, dried fruit, nuts, pumpkin seeds and more but have little to no added sugar. Or make your own mix.
Leave a Reply