“Perfect for entertaining, this impressive side dish can be made ahead and assembled at the last minute.”
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 pounds green beans
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a small saucepan. Boil over medium heat until most of the vinegar is absorbed (about 1 tablespoon should remain).
- Transfer to a small bowl, cool and add butter. Set aside. (Flavoured butter can be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Bring to room temperature before serving).
- Cook beans until tender crisp. Drain in cold water. (You can do this the morning of your dinner, keep cooked beans in a ziploc bag in the refrigerator).
- Combine beans and balsamic butter in skillet. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
Yield: 6 servings
Leave a Reply