“These are as fun for kids to put together as traditional tacos but offer a different flavour. ”
- 1/4 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- 2 tablespoon dried greek seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Spinach and whole wheat tortillas
- Tsatsiki sauce
- 1 tomato diced
- kalamata olives, diced
- feta cheese, crumbled
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dice vegetables and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add garlic, onion, red peppers and zucchini. Saute about 3 to 4 minutes until al dente but flavours are released.
- Add greek seasonings, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add ground meat and brown, stirring often until meat is cooked through.
- Add up to 1 tablespoon flour, stirring in, to thicken juices.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place tsatsiki sauce, tomatoes, olives, feta and cheddar cheese on the table with tortillas. Allow everyone to assemble their own ‘greek taco’.
Yield: 6-8 tacos plus some letfovers for lunch the next day