“I was never a huge potato fan until we started to grow our own. The taste difference is amazing when they are fresh from the garden.”
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2″ pieces
- 3 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine potatoes and garlic in medium pot with salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Warm buttermilk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Drain potatoes and garlic. Mash.
- Beat buttermilk into potatoes. Beat in butter, salt and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings
Leave a Reply