“Lamb leg steaks are much more economical that lamb loins. I trim my pieces very lean before adding them to the marinade.”
- 1 pound lamb leg steaks (4 large)
- 3 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from the 3 lemons)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest peel from all three lemons.
- Juice lemons (about 1/2 cup) and add to zest.
- Add garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, mustard and olive oil. Blend well.
- Cut lamb into 1 inch pieces, trimming each piece well. Add to marinade.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Drains lamb and thread lamb onto skewers.
- BBQ for about 10 minutes.
Served with roasted fingerling potatoes, carrots and Sauteed Swiss Chard and Onions.
Yield: serves 4
Leave a Reply