“This quiche style tart is great for brunch during the holidays when company is coming. ”
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cranberries – raw
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook bacon crisp, then drain. Save 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Cook onion in bacon drippings until tender and caramelized.
- Crumble bacon and add to pan with cranberries. Add sugar and stir.
- Cook and stir until berries pop. Set pan aside to cool slightly.
- In a glass pie plate, spread mixture evenly then top with feta cheese.
- Whisk eggs and cream — then pour over mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until firm. Top should be golden brown.
Yield: 8-10 servings
This sounds really delicious and something new to try. Thank you for sharing this.