“Wild mushrooms add a more intense flavour to this savoury spread. Serve with wholegrain baguette or crackers. ”
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini, shitake)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 small package goat cheese
- Cut onion in half. Slice onion halves into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Cook onions on low until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean and slice mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms, turn up heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms softened & start to brown.
- Spread goat cheese in flattened round on bottom of serving tray, set aside.
- Season with salt and pepper, add about 1 teaspoon vinegar. Spoon onion and mushrooms over goat cheese.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Leave a Reply