“Adapted from the original Brie and Green Apple Appetizer recipe, we love this for lunch. It’s almost like eating apple crisp for lunch! Adjust the amount of brown sugar to your liking.”
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 4 oatmeal bagels, sliced in half
- 3 green apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- small round of Brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray or lightly grease baking sheet.
- Toast bagel slices on baking sheet in oven until golden.
- Melt butter, add pecans and brown sugar and stir together.
- Remove top and bottom rind from Brie, and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Slice green apples into thin slices.
- Top each bagel with two slice osf apple, two slices of brie. Spread with butter-pecan mixture. (Note in this version we put the apple on first so the cheese does not drip through the bagel hole).
- Place on baking sheet. Bake until cheese just melts. Do not burn.