“Puree the blueberries and it makes a jam with a jelly like consistency .”
- 4 1/2 cups crushed blueberries (just under 2 litre container)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pouch certo liquid pectin
- Wash jars. Sterilize jars in stove at 250F for 20 minutes. Put lids in water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Clean blueberries, crush with hand blender leaving some larger pieces.
- In large saucepan stir together prepared fruit, sugar, lemon juice and butter.
- Bring to hard boil (when you can’t stir down the boil) under high heat.
- Boil hard 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in certo.
- Stir and skim (not necessary with addition of butter) for 5 minutes to prevent floating pieces.
- Pour into sterilized jars about 1/4 inch from rim, being careful not to get jam on edges. Clean edges are needed to ensure jam jars will seal.
- Cover with lids and screw rings on tightly.
Yield: 9 small jam jars