“This is the pumpkin pie recipe from the back of the E.D. Smith’s canned pumpkin. I never use any other recipe as this one is no fail. ”
- 2 pie crusts
- 4 eggs
- 1 28 ounce (796ml) can pumpkin
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup (350ml) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Beat eggs lightly. Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt; stir until well combined.
- Blend in milk. Pour into pie shells.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350F and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until center is set.
- Cool on wire racks.
This pie freezes well so you can freeze the second pie.
Yield: 10 servings