“If you need to bring a salad, this is the one. This recipe has been passed to me through several layers of people!”
- 1 head of romaine
- 1 small tube of goat cheese (3 inches long)
- one pear – ripe
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375F and toast pecans for about 15 minutes. Cool and chop.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Just before serving cut up pear. Add to romaine and pecans. Add goat cheese in chunks. Toss with dressing.
Yield: 6-8 servings