“A banana and caramel treat we always have over the holidays although the ingredients can be made ahead and ready for unexpected guests. The caramel keeps in the refrigerator for months in the can covered with plastic wrap. Bake the tart shells ahead and keep them in an airtight container in the freezer. Now all you need to get are the bananas and whipped cream.”
- 1 can eagle brand sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 banana
- small sweet tart shells
- whipped cream.
- Place can of milk in a large, deep pan. You want the pan to be at least twice the depth of the can. Fill with water so water is well over top of can.
- Boil can for 2 hours, watching constantly, and refilling with water. Be sure water level NEVER falls below the top of the can.
- Remove and cool.
- Remove lid from can and it will now contain caramel.Tarts.
- Cook tart shells according to directions for unfilled tarts and cool.
- Filled cooled shells with sliced and quartered pieces of banana. Top with tablespoon of caramel, spread over bananas so they do not brown.
- Just before serving, top with whipped cream.