“These cookies are very soft and moist, almost muffin-like. They need to be eaten quickly or frozen. You can substitute walnuts for the pecans and, as my husband requests, leave out the raisins if you prefer. ”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling if using canned)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt – set aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for a couple minutes until firmer then remove to wire racks.
Yield: 48 cookies