“Snowball cookies are a classic Christmas cookie loved by all in our house. ”
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sifted icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Resift flour and measure (too much flour makes a dry cookie).
- Cream butter in mixer. Add sugar until well combined.
- Add vanilla and nuts. Sift in flour, mixing thoroughly.
- With lightly floured hands, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes until bottom is lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Gently roll warm cookies in icing sugar. Cool completely then roll in icing sugar again.
Freezing: You can make these ahead for the holidays and they freeze well. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.