“Use a mixture of mushrooms including cremini, and shitake ”
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup table cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms; cook until soft.
- Stir in flour; cook over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add stock slowly, glending completely with mushroom mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon parsley, bay leaf and thyme; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks, lemon juice and cream together until blended. Stir 1 cup of hot soup into mixture to temper. Add cream mixture to soup; heat to just below simmer point. Do not overheat or it will curdle.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Leave a Reply