“Spicy fall apple muffins great at harvest or any time.”
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cups oil
- 1/2 cup (one single serve container) apple sauce
- 3 cups flour (I use 1 whole wheat, 2 unbleached white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 apples, seeded but unpeeled and chopped small
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with paper or grease tins.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, apple sauce and oil, set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add apples, nuts and craisins to flour mixture.
- Fold in liquid ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon batter 2/3 full into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes then remove from pan.
Yield: 24 muffins