“Although this recipe makes OK quick biscuits, it’s best use is as a great topping for pot pie or chicken and dumplings ”
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Prehead oven to 475F. Use ungreased cookie sheet.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Batter is sticky and thick.
- Drop walnut sized balls with spoon onto cookie sheet (use a second spoon to scrape dough from first spoon) spacing about 2 inches.
- Bake until bottoms are golden brown, about 8 minutes. Serve hot.
Yield: 20-24 biscuits