“The crunchy topping and generous amount of blueberries make these muffins a real treat. Substitute raspberries for blueberries when you want a change.”
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups + blueberries (one pint basket)
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease or line muffin tins.
- Mix topping ingredients until crumbly and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, egg and milk.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients (dough will be on dry side). Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins and sprinkle tops with crumble topping (cover about 2/3 of each top) before baking.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Yield: 24 muffins