“Another good recipe for the fall when carrots are in abundance in the garden. Sometime I mix in a little coconut as a change.”
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; set aside.
- Mix oil and sugar. Add beaten egg and blend thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients, beat until combined.
- Stir in nuts, drained pineapple and carrots.
- Pour into pan. Bake for one hour. Cool
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Yield: 18 pieces