Unfortunately, that success has now gone to my head. I think I may have gotten a little bit carried away ordering for this season. There were just so many to choose from!
This season we will be growing 7 different varieties:
- Yukon Gold – yellow fleshed, mid season
- Norland – red skin, white flesh, early
- Russian Blue – purple skin, purple flesh, late
- Banana – light yellow fleshed fingerling, late
- Peanut Fingerling – dark yellow fleshed fingerling, early
- German Butterball – heirloom, buttery flavour, late
- French Fingerling – red skin, yellow flesh, late
There are apparently over 4000 varieties of potatoes to choose from. I think I showed great restraint limiting myself to 7.