“So easy to put together yet tastes terrific. Serve with vanilla ice cream.”
- 5 cups fresh blueberries and
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- In large bowl, gently toss blueberries and raspberries with sugar and cornstarch. Pour into 8-inch square baking dish.
- Biscuit Topping: In bowl, whisk together flour; sugar; baking powder; baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gently stir in milk stirring to form sticky dough. Note sour milk is a great substitute for buttermilk. Just add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to regular milk.
- With spoon, drop dough in mounds over fruit covering most of the top.
- Bake in 400°F oven for about 35 minutes or until bubbly and topping is light golden.