“We have homemade pizza cooked on the BBQ every Friday, along of course with a glass (or two) of wine. Just throw the ingredients into a bread maker, set on the dough setting and let the machine do the work. Roll the dough onto a pizza stone, add your toppings and set the stone on a pre-heated BBQ. We remove the pizza with a pizza paddle as the stone is too hot to set on the table.
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Add ingredients to bread machine in order provided. Do not allow yeast and salt to mix as salt can inhibit the yeast reaction.
- Set on dough setting & start. My machine takes 1 1/2 hours.
- Let dough rise an extra 30 minutes if you have time.
- Roll dough onto pizza stone. Add toppings
- Preheat BBQ on high. One BBQ is hot, put stone on BBQ. Cook until bottom is lightly browned — anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes depending upon how hot or cold it is outside.
Yield: Dough setting makes one large rectangular or two round pizzas.