“Tangy, sweet and rich. A small piece will do. It is also a bright and colourful pie which looks great for holiday entertaining. ”
- 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place pie crust in 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake pie crust for 5 to 7 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 350F.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, suar, corn syrup and whiskey; beat until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into partially baked crust.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is soft set. Lightly cover edges during last 10 minutes of baking if necessary.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool with whipped cream.
Yield: 10 servings