“This simple but elegant entree is enhanced by the flavour of the basil butter. Veal chops are best cooked quickly so they remain tender.”
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tabelspoon chopped fresh basil
- olive oil
- 2 veal loin chops (about 1 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- To make basil butter, cream butter with Dijon mustard and basil, season with pepper and set aside. (Do not refrigerate).
- Brush both sides of veal chop with olive oil, season with salt.
- Cook the chops on a hot BBQ for 7 to 10 minutes, basting with oil and turning once.
- Top each chop with basil butter and serve.
Yield: 2 servings