“These are great with tea or for breakfast with jam. I made these often as a kid with my mom.”
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins or currants
- Preheat oven to 450F. Use ungreased cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter.
- Make a well in centre of mixture. Add liquid slowly, stir till free from sides.
- Knead for a few minutes (do not over knead).
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut out 2 inch circles with cookie cutter or glass. Lightly roll remnant dough and cut more circles.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
Yield: 24 squares