“Another great salad recipe for entertaining. You can serve this salad warm however I prefer it at room temperature. ”
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 8 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 apples, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Mix cider vinegar and maple syrup together and set aside.
- Toast pecans in 375F over for 10-15 minutes; set aside.
- Brown bacon until crisp, cut into small pieces; set aside.
- Brown mushrooms until tender crisp and browned; set aside.
- Brown onion on low heat until golden brown; set aside.
- Mix salad ingredients. Season with salt & pepper. Cut apple into small pieces and add to salad. Top with dressing and toss.
If you are bringing this salad to a get together, you can make all the ingredients up until step 6 at home and bring the ingredients in separate containers. Put salad together when you arrive.
Yield: 6-8 servings