“Spinach is one of the easiest greens to grow in the garden. Succession planting means we have spinach to enjoy from early spring to late fall. Spinach and Feta Triangles make a great appetizer or side dish with chicken souvlaki.”
- 1 pound phyllo pastry
- 16 ounces spinach (about 10-12 cups, packed tightly)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in oil gently for 15 min.
- Add spinach and cook, gently stirring for about 15 min. Drain thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl combine spinach mixture with feta cheese, ricotta cheese, parsley and seasonings. Mix well.
- Fold teaspoon full in phyllo making small triangles. Brush with butter and bake in preheated 375F oven for 20-25 min.
Yield: 40-50 triangles