“Excellent done on the BBQ. Lamb loin fillets are the tender portion of a lamb chop. If you can’t find whole lamb loins, purchased a rack of lamb and debone it yourself. I often find this more economical.”
- 2 whole boneless lamb loin fillets
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme (1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine ingredients and marinate lamb loins for 24 hours.
- BBQ loins for 12-14 minutes.
- If pan frying, you can make a sauce with drippings. Skim off excel oil.
- Add 3/4 cup chicken stock, bring to a boil to reduce, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter at end to thicken.
Yield: enough for 4