A delicious way to have smoked salmon for dinner, combined with black olives and cream cheese. Serve with Zucchini and Smoked Salmon Rolls with Cream Cheese.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces (about 125g) smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 8-10 black olives, diced
- 7 jumbo eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream or half & half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk & cream; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in 9-inch oven-proof skillet. Add onion, salt & pepper. Cook, stirring until translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add salmon, olives and stir until salmon is just heated on the outside, about 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese, stirring a few times to partially melt cheese but leave some of the cheese unmelted.
- Add eggs, continue stirring for a minute so cheese partially incorporates into egg mixture but again, leave some of the cheese unmelted and clumping.
- Reduce heat to low-medium, cook without stirring until sides are just firm.
- Place skillet in preheated oven, bake about 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove and serve.