“Soy milk gives pancakes a slightly sweeter taste than regular milk.”
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- blueberries, strawberries, bananas, melon
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Spoon batter onto griddle into pancakes. Cook until bubbles just start to break, then turn and cook until underside is lightly browned.
- Serve with maple syrup and fruit.
Freezing: Make a double batch and freeze extra pancakes between layers of wax paper. Remove them as you need and pop the frozen pancakes in the toaster for a quick school morning breakfast.
Yield: 10-12 pancakes