“Sauteed carrots are a nice side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.”
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- zest and juice from one lemon
- Cook carrots until tender crisp. Slice diagonally and set aside. (This part can be done a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute one minute.
- Mix in rosemary and lemon peel.
- Add carrots, toss to heat through.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings