“The first year we grew our own potatoes was a great experience. We grew Yukon Gold, Norland and Russian Blue. It is amazing how much better a fresh potato tastes. I mixed all three colours when making roasted potatoes.”
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds small or fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoning
- salt and pepper
- FOR SEASONING ANY OF :
- ClubHouse Greek herb mix
- ClubHouse Italian herb mix
- Epicure Focaccia Bread Spices
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary mixed with 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Clean and dry potatoes. Slice potatoes in half or quarters if larger. Leave skins on.
- In serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil. Toss with seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- If cooking outdoors, place seasoned potatoes in a BBQ vegetable grill basket. I use a deep basket version that is about 6 inches deep. It does a great job of tossing vegetables as the cook. BBQ for 1/2 hour, turning often.
- If cooking indoors, preheat over to 475F. Place potatoes spread evenly on cookie sheet. Bake in top rack (high heat is the key) for 30 minutes, turning often.
- Season with more salt if desired and serve.
Yield: 4 servings