“I’ve made this with fresh pumpkin puree but it works just as well with canned.”
- 1 15 ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 400-g package won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable, chicken stock or white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- In small bowl, combine pumpkin, goat cheese, parmesan and 1 tablespoon thyme. Stir until smooth.
- Lay out won ton wrappers on a flat surface and place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in centre. Brush edges with water and top with another wrapper. Gently press around filling to release air and seal.
- Transfer to sheet pan and repeat. Cover ravioli with damp kitchen towel while working to prevent from drying out.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms and saute until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in stock and cook 3 minutes. Add butter, swirl in skillet to melt and keep warm.
- In batches of 10, boil ravioli until they float, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain well, and transfer to skillet, giving the skillet a shake with each addition. Gently toss in sauce to warm through. Sprinkle with remaining thyme, season with salt & pepper and serve.
YIELD: 4-6 servings