“Serve these warm on their own as an appetizer or over a salad.”
- 8 slices Proscuitto di Parma
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Lay 1 slice Proscuitto on work surface, top with a slice of goat cheese, an inch from narrow end.
- Top with 3/4 teaspoon sun dried tomatoes.
- Fold end of Proscuitto over cheese and roll up, folding in edges to enclose cheese.
- Repeat with remaining Proscuitto, cheese and tomatoes.
- Arrange pillows on a shallow baking pan, seam side down, cover with foil (Pillows can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated up to one day).
- Bake 5 minutes, until warm.
- Basil Vinaigrette: Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, pesto sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Makes 1/4 cup.
- To serve divide greens on 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing and top with 2 pillows each.
YIELD: 4 servings