“Recipe adapted from Great Moments In Cooking. Serve with mashed potatoes and carrots to soak up the extra maple syrup ‘gravy’.”
- 1 large pork tenderloin (or 4 thin pork loin chops)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into medallions, flatten slightly.
- Combine maple syrup, tomato paste, mustard, lemon juice and garlic with salt & pepper to taste in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons butter in pan. Brown tenderloin medallions until cooked. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat pan. Add 1 cup chicken broth scrapping brown bits from pan. Add maple syrup mixture.
- Heat 3 to 4 minutes to reduce. Add drippings from medallions.
- Return medallions to pan to warm.
Yield: serves 4