- 1/2 pound butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Roll into small balls, and press into the bottoms and sides of tart pans or mini muffin pans.
- In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon pecans to bottom of tart shells. Fill each of the crusts 2/3 full with the filling mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until shell is light brown, and the filling has puffed up.
- Cool, and carefully remove from pan.
You can make these ahead for the holidays and they freeze well. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Yield: 30 tassies